In Raleigh on December 8th, the Vikings lost to the 25th ranked Wolfpack, 80-63.
Cleveland State let this one slip away while being overpowered in free throw shooting and outplayed in assists. Free throw shooting paid off for the Wolfpack, with 18 of their total points coming from the line as opposed to six for the Vikings. NC State spread the ball around and got 15 assists compared to nine for Cleveland State.
Charlie Lee led the way in scoring for the Vikings with 15 points in 38 minutes. The Vikings have fallen to 6-3 but still have a lot of basketball to play.
Up next is St. Bonaventure on the road on December 15th.
Cleveland State Game Notes:
- CSU set season lows for blocks, free throws made, and steals.
- The top two scorers (Charlie Lee and Devon Long) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Charlie Lee has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 9 games this season.
- The last time CSU started the season 6-3 was 2007.
- Cleveland State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- Richard Howell recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie set a career high with a 87% field goal percentage.
- C.J. Leslie has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 8 games this season.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Charlie Lee